Protection for the inner core! Due to the high gas temperature, the inlets and outlets on the catalytic converter must be insulated. Based on experience, temperature in this case ranges from 800-1000°C.
The same problem also applies to diesel particle filters, although temperature are not quite as high and are approximately 100°C lower than those of a typical catalytic converter.
High temperature and strong pulsation levels call for the use of HKO materials for absorptive as well as baffle silencers. In this case, also the acoustic properties of mineral-fiber products are very important.
• Passenger cars
• Commercial vehicles
• Non-road applications
• Off-road applications
• Other mobile applications
Samples of exhaust insulation for catalytic converters and silencers
• NA – approx. 700-750 °C >> Hakotherm-800 needle mat
• NT – approx. 800-850 °C >> Hakotherm-900 needle mat
• SK – approx. 1000 °C >> Hakotherm-1200 needle mat
• ST – approx. 1050 °C >> Hakotherm-1200 turbo needle mat
• SI – approx. 1100 °C >> Hakotherm-1300 needle mat
** backed by decades of experience as an OEM, TIRE1 and TIRE2 supplier, we’re certified by ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and ISO 14001.